Learn How a Freeze Dryer Can Help You Plan for an Emergency
Have you ever wondered how you and your family would survive in an emergency situation where access to food was limited or worse, non-existent?
Freeze Dryers Are Lifesavers
Emergency preparedness is not a situation we want to imagine, but it's a reality that we cannot ignore. Preparing for a disaster by ensuring you have an adequate amount of food stored at home can reduce the fear, anxiety and losses that disasters can cause.
Keeping a three-month or more food supply at home is a major benefit as it will:
- Prepare you for the unexpected should disaster strike;
- Save you money in the event that food prices sky rocket;
- Ensure you maintain an adequate food supply should access to food be limited;
- Fuel your body with nutritious and balanced meals so you can maintain your energy stores; and
- Allow you to focus your time and attention on more pressing matters in an emergency situation.
Freeze-dried Fast Facts
- You can freeze dry individual food items (veggies, fruits, dairy, meat) or an entire dish (lasagna, casserole, desserts, pie).
- Freeze-dried foods can be re-hydrated back to their original look, texture, flavour and colour using hot or cold water.
- Making freeze-dried food at home means you can accommodate food allergies and sensitivities.
- The quality of home freeze-dried food vs. store-bought is far superior. You can control your food source and adjust the flavour of your dishes.
- Freeze drying at home will result in savings in the bank! Purchase your food in bulk, avoid food waste, freeze dry large quantities of food at a time and compared to commercially prepared freeze dried meals, home freeze drying is a fraction of the cost.
If you're curious to learn how freeze drying works, then you'll love this quick video on freeze drying meals. Yum!
Have you tried freeze-dried foods? Comment below!
← Previous Post Next Post → Blog Home »
- Tags: lifestyle
Follow Us On Instagram