Have you ever wondered how you and your family would survive in an emergency situation where access to food was limited or worse, non-existent?
Freeze Dryers Are Lifesavers
Emergency preparedness is not a situation we want to imagine, but it's a reality that we cannot ignore. Preparing for a disaster by ensuring you have an adequate amount of food stored at home can reduce the fear, anxiety and losses that disasters can cause.
Keeping a three-month or more food supply at home is a major benefit as it will:
- Prepare you for the unexpected should disaster strike;
- Save you money in the event that food prices sky rocket;
- Ensure you maintain an adequate food supply should access to food be limited;
- Fuel your body with nutritious and balanced meals so you can maintain your energy stores; and
- Allow you to focus your time and attention on more pressing matters in an emergency situation.
Freeze-dried Fast Facts
- You can freeze dry individual food items (veggies, fruits, dairy, meat) or an entire dish (lasagna, casserole, desserts, pie).
- Freeze-dried foods can be re-hydrated back to their original look, texture, flavour and colour using hot or cold water.
- Making freeze-dried food at home means you can accommodate food allergies and sensitivities.
- The quality of home freeze-dried food vs. store-bought is far superior. You can control your food source and adjust the flavour of your dishes.
- Freeze drying at home will result in savings in the bank! Purchase your food in bulk, avoid food waste, freeze dry large quantities of food at a time and compared to commercially prepared freeze dried meals, home freeze drying is a fraction of the cost.
If you're curious to learn how freeze drying works, then you'll love this quick video on freeze drying meals. Yum!
Have you tried freeze-dried foods? Comment below!