Get in the Best Shape of Your Life - 5 Must-Try Fitness Apps
Fitness apps are an easy and efficient way to get strong and achieve your fitness goals faster. Before you pay a visit to the app store, you'll want to read our article that will make choosing the perfect app feel effortless: Achieve Your Health Goals Faster Using Apps.
5 Fitness Apps You Need to Try
- C25K or Couch to 5K -- Want to be a runner? This app offers training plans for new runners who want to ease into running. After following the training plan for 9 weeks, users should be able to comfortably run a 5K. The benefit of this app is that it'll tell you exactly how far you have to walk and run each training session, so there is no guess work involved. It is the kind of running program that sets reasonable expectations for beginners, and if you need to repeat a week because life got in the way, then no problem. You can also share progress updates with family and friends and connect with the running community on social media.
- Daily Yoga -- Looking to attain a higher level of consciousness? Then you will want to consider this yoga app that offers users a library of over 500 yoga poses, and more than 50 yoga classes focused on flexibility, core, and strength. Classes are suited to all skills levels, from beginner to advanced, and all ages. A great feature of this app is that it will show you the correct posture and alignment, as well as describe the benefits of each pose. Whether you want to complete an entire class or practice a few poses, this app enables you to fit yoga into your busy schedule.
- Freeletics -- Are you a fan of high-intensity workouts? This app offers high-intensity routines and ideas that use body weight only, which means no equipment needed. The routines can be done anywhere, which again makes these routines very convenient to complete, and they range in length, anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. You can choose from routines that focus on strength, running or cardio. For an additional fee, you can enlist the help of a training coach who will create an individualized training program based on the results of your fitness test (think a series of timed burpees, situps, pressups) and your personal fitness goals.
- Spotify Running -- Do you run with music? Imagine music that is set to match your tempo. Experts suggest that listening to music when you work out can be very motivating and with the right tempo, you can push your body harder and longer. The app will record your speed and then create a playlist of songs that matches your tempo. A benefit of this app is that you have the flexibility to increase your tempo, so the app will push your limits if you want it to. Also, if the playlist is not to your liking, you can choose from existing playlists at your preferred tempo.
- Heavyset -- Do you like to lift heavy? This app is designed to help you track your strength and weight training sessions, as well as create and store lifting routines. It allows you to record your weights and reps, so you can track your progress real time. The app is designed to be simple, so you can log your sets and focus on your workout, not the app. You can even share your brag-worthy sets with friends on social media.
With all of these fantastic fitness apps, you will no doubt achieve your fitness goals this year!
We want to hear from you - what's your fave app?
- Tags: health