6 Remarkable Reasons Why Blueberries are the Ultimate Fruit
Eating more raw fruits and vegetables is a ridiculously simple and delicious way to boost your energy, cleanse your body, and improve your overall health.
Among the most powerful of foods, wild blueberries are nutrient-dense and loaded with antioxidants, which work to neutralize free radicals linked to the development of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and other age-related conditions.
At 80 calories per cup and 3g of dietary fiber, blueberries can transform your body by:
- Promoting heart health: Fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient
- Helping you maintain a healthy weight: Manganese
- Regulating your blood pressure: Antioxidants, including anthocyanins
- Slowing the effects of aging: anti-inflammatory compounds, antioxidants, Vitamin C
- Improving brain function: essential nutrients that can heal neurotic disorders by preventing the degeneration and death of neurons and protect brain cells and help to restore the health of the central nervous system
- Aiding in digestion: vitamins and minerals found in blueberries aid with digestion by moving food smoothly and safely through your gastrointestinal system
#1 - Choose blueberries that are deeper in colour (the richer the colour, the great the level of antioxidants) and frozen blueberries are as good for you as they are fresh.
#2 - Store your fresh blueberries in the fridge and don't wash them until you're ready to eat. The silvery sheen found on the exterior of the blueberry helps to preserve the fruit, so you prolong its life by waiting.
|Quick Facts ~ Wild blueberries are also known as low bush berries and have been growing naturally in Canada for thousands of years. In fact, we are the world's largest producer of wild blueberries.|
- Tags: nutrition