Top 3 Most Powerful Spices For Relieving Chronic Inflammation
Inflammation is your body's natural response to protect itself against harm and heal itself, so when you cut your finger or bang your toe, visible signs that your body is repairing itself include redness, swelling, and bruising.
Acute inflammation as it's known is the process whereby your body releases chemicals from your white blood cells into the bloodstream and send them to the areas that need healing.
What is Chronic InflammationChronic inflammation is your body’s response to long-term inflammation, which is often triggered by your environment and lifestyle. This type of inflammation is dangerous because it prevents your body from functioning properly and has been linked to many diseases and serious health conditions, including cancer, obesity, heart disease and arthritis.
Signs you're suffering from chronic inflammation
- Carrying extra weight about your mid-section
- Feeling tired or low energy all of the time
- Digestive problems or ‘leaky gut’
- Feeling anxious and depressed mood
- Joint pain and stiffness
Top 3 most powerful spices to prevent chronic inflammationYou can easily reduce and prevent chronic inflammation naturally by eating a plant-based, raw food diet, which is packed full of vitamins and minerals. Spices are rich with antioxidants and known to reduce, treat and prevent chronic inflammation.
Turmeric, ginger and garlic are among the top 3 most powerful
- Turmeric has long been used to treat wounds, infections and digestive issues. Its primary anti-inflammatory agent is curcumin, which is effective in reducing pain and inflammation, protecting the liver by acting as an antioxidant and protecting cells from free radical damage.
- Ginger is often used to treat stomach upset, headaches, and infections. It contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols, paradols, shogaols and zingerone, which reduce pain.
- Fresh garlic contains sulfur compounds that stimulate your immune system to fight disease, help fight off cancer and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Discover delicious ways to add more spice to your raw food diet
- Raw juice
- Nut milks